Sunday, October 6, 2013

Blade Tail Motor: 120SR Reviews



I got this motor quick. installed it in a new boom with a CNC heatsink and I have about 8 packs on it so far. Everything has went fine. at this price I should stock up because these little guys like to blow out when I crash.
- Chris

I like flying the 120SR. What I don't like is when parts burn out. I have been flying the 120SR for over two months now, probably averaging thirty minutes to an hour of flight time per week. In those two months, I have replaced the tail motor twice. In comparison to my V911 which I've flown for longer hours, I have not replaced my V911's motors ever (knock on wood). From my experience, the tail motor burns out on the third consecutive battery pack even without crashing. My guess is that the motor overheats after fifteen minutes of continuous flying and "burns out". I have been lucky on my third tail motor as this has lasted for a month, but I have kept the flight times to under fifteen minutes at a time.
- Aris Abeleda

I got one flight out of this motor. It's too bad there isn't an after market one for the Blade 120 SR. If you have this helicopter, it looks like you will be stuck buying this piece of junk. Go ahead and stock up.
- Christopher Shaun Edge

This is a brushed motor, as such bumping the motor hard enough can ruin the brushes and/or cause the cap to pop off. I believe they can and should improve this problem. My 120SR has the "caged" tail motor but it still has this problem, moderate crashes almost always ruin the tail motor.
- Matt

Blade 120 SR Helicopter is GREAT! Tail Motors are terrible! :( I've gone through 3 of these in the past month (not even from rotor hits). I've contacted Horizon Hobby about the problem, hopefully they will send me some replacements - the problem is well known! Just search the forums... but it IS great fun to fly the 120 SR!
- FOCUS_ON_THIS

Blade Tail Motor: 120SR Detail View


Blade Tail Motor: 120SR

Blade Tail Motor: 120SR





No comments:

Post a Comment